The skills and processes of narrative intelligence are the invisible glue of truly successful organisations. Helping people connect to the strategic narrative is recognised as a crucial catalyst of collaborative working and yet many organisations struggle to share the story behind their strategy and so fail to unleash this intrinsic motivation in their employees – or to engage and inspire external stakeholders.
Our narrative mastery programme provides a dual approach to help address this challenge. It both deepens leaders and communicators understanding of narrative and influence and provides communicators with a toolkit of narrative techniques, templates and ideas to coach leaders and deliver to teams internally.
» Read more
Narrative intelligence includes the ability to contextualise and communicate where the organisation is headed, and why, in ways that make sense to people. It involves:
- Inspiring people by telling stories that bring to life the values and purpose of the business unit or overall organisation, and
- Giving purpose and meaning by helping them think in narrative form – so that they too can understand and articulate the business story.
Our programme can help communicators and leaders bring these skills into play quickly and in a structured and consistent way that is also genuine and real. It usually involves some or all of the following:
Leadership workshops on:
- Storytelling for leaders
- Corporate or strategic narrative
- Storytelling for Corporate Ambassadors
- Story-listening (employee workshops for renewed energy and change)
A toolkit of narrative–promoting techniques:
- Surfacing a Higher Sense of Purpose: templates and processes for groups to explore the corporate story
- Story triggering: helping others find and tell stories in support of the main narrative
- Story-listening: sharing stories through an appreciative lens, such as that of appreciative inquiry, to trigger renewed focus on positive change and build the story and culture everyone wants from the bottom up
- Active story sharing to spark new ideas and behaviour change.
Contact us for further information on our in-house programmes and workshops. Next open workshop on storytelling is in London on 13th June, 2019. Booking and further details.
Read our article on A narrative toolkit helps IC drive connection and collaboration published by the Institute of Internal Communication.